Table of Contents
Dual key condo refers to units that offers the flexibility to be configured from 1 unit to separate units with differents door. This configuration is popular among investors as it often give investors good rental returns.
For those 3 generations under 1 roof, it provide privacy to newly wed couple to stay with parents since they will have separate door, yet enjoy the warmth of staying together with parents.
Typical configuration in a Dual Key Condo
- 2 bedrooms -> 2 separate studio units
- 3 bedrooms -> 1 2 bedroom and a studio unit
- 4 bedrooms -> One 3 bedroom and a studio unit
Dual Key Advantages
- Flexibility in Configuration
- Good Rental Yield
- Seems to “own” 2 units, yet only pay 1 stamp duty and property tax
- Enjoy privacy yet can have 3 generation under 1 roof